New FOP

  • From: Nicolas <nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:01:33 -0300

Dear all,

I have been working on next generation FOP. It is nearly complete. But it will come with a (small) price. Please check http://www.fop2.com . I will work on the next week on releasing versions for other plataforms and fixing small bugs here and there.

If you have any questions about it, please ask them here. It is not yet "oficially" released. I will do the formal announcement when I finish with other plataform versions and packages.

A quick look into FOP2:

Complete rewrite of the daemon: it is now much more scalable and less cpu intensive. Motivation was a large hosted installation where regular FOP was struggling to update status on their 400+ hosted PBX system. FOP2 works fairly well there. Alsmot instant updated and much less CPU usage.

Invisible flash connector: as FOP1 dhtml panel, it uses an invisible flash connector. But this new one can talk back to the daemon, so you can perform actions.

Javascript & DHTML client: complete rewrite of the client. It uses javascript, ajax and dhtml, and it has some really nice features.

If you want to go for a test drive there is a package that will work on centos 5 i386 systems in the download section.

Have a nice weekend!

-- Nicolás Gudiño

Follow-Ups from:
Tzafrir Cohen