Problem with DHTML and nonstandard Port

  • From: Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 00:39:13 -0700

Hello,

Ive got two different FOP's running on a server, one on port 4445 and
one on port 4446. Everything seems to work fine when using the flash
version for either FOP, as well as the DHTML panel running on port
4445. However, when i try to connect to the DHTML URL for the FOP
running on port 4446, I get no button updates, and tcpdump shows that
when i open the DHML page, my browser is trying to connect to port
4445 anyways.

I've looked in my variables.txt in the dhtml directory of the non-
working FOP, and it begins with port=4446&.... so the correct variable
is there. Is it possible

Looking through comunicator.pl in the ming sources, I cant easily spot
why this isnt being interpreted properly, but as a stop-over fix, i
modified the default port assignment from 4445 to 4446, and that has
fixed it. Clearly for some reason comunicator.pl is not reading the
port variable properly out of variables.txt, yet the code that does
this same thing for the main flash file seems to be the same, and it
works just fine.

Ideas?

Dayton