DHTML Panel - Request for Ideas/Design

  • From: Nicolas <nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:50:38 -0300

Hi people,

I have some news for you.... in the last month I was silently working on some sponsored features and some of my own project ideas.

Basically, I was working to enable:

1) native attendant transfers (without using meetme rooms)
2) adding actions to the dhtml panel.

So:

1 is done, but by patching Asterisk 1.4 (it will work without patches in 1.6)

2 is also done, in several ways:

I did experiments by using only ajam, without the use of flash. It kind of works, but it is not scalable and it does not provide all the features that the regular FOP provides. Having an intermediate proxy server adds a lot of advantages into the mix (multiple server support, panel contexts, etc)

Another option is to keep working with a flash component for the synchronous socket communication to fop's server. The problem is that ming does not support newer Actionscript features that are needed to communicate between javascript and flash bidirectionally. But I found a library that performs what I need and it seems to work really well (aflax)

But now comes the request:

Can you give me your opinions/ideas about how the panel should work?

I would also need some help in the dhtml design and layout

Right now, in my experimental dhtml panel I have the same dthml panel that is published, with some minor modifications. And it only performs transfers by clicking at the destination extension phone icon. That means that you need to load the panel indicating your working extension. You cannot transfer anything to anywhere via drag & drop, only transfer calls related to your extension by clicking at the destination button phone icon. This is also a feature that was requested many times for the flash client: click transfers instead of drag transfers.

Best regards,

--
Nicolás

Follow-Ups from: