RE: [Flash Operator Panel] How to operate up to 150 extensions ?

  • From: "Tariq .." <tareksawah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:57:08 +0000

Will answer your questions one by one.

1- I'm using vanilla Asterisk (ie not trixbox). Where can I find
retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl?
 my friend you are copying from a TRIXBOX website so most of the discussions
are related to TrixBOX issues.. and the  retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl thing
is a TrixBOX matter and as a vanilla user then you don't need that file.. it
usually resets the FOP to the way TrixBOX formatted it using it's own database>

2. And op_buttons_additional.cfg ?
that is a file generated by TrixBOX too .. so you won't need it.. your work
should be in op_Buttons.cfg or op_buttons_custom.cfg..... usually with trixbox
you will find the following line to associate the trixbox files...

include => op_buttons_additional.cfg
so you can add that line to your op_buttons.cfg and create your own
op_buttons_additional.cfg and write in it the configs you want.

3-If my understanding is correct, the solution described in "Multiple Panels
per Server " message from Tue, 06/17/2008 - 11:54am aims to :

a- run with a single op_server.pl instance which dialogs with a single asterisk
(trixbox ?) server and multiple flash clients:
Well the solution runs what ever you display in one panel using your
op_server.cfg and your amportal.conf if you have it on your system .. so if you
are monitoring multiple servers per panel.. i THINK and i have never tried it
that it's possible..
b- this op_server.pl instance has 4 entry points (each
withhttp://YOURSERVERIP/panel/index_amp.php?context=sales<http://yourserverip/panel/index_amp.php?context=sales>URI)
 i don't know what do you mean by 4 entry points.. but i know that the flash
client and the index_amp.php use different context to view buttons.. so i don't
know if it has anything to do with the op_server.pl  at all

4. In this solution, how do you navigate from one view to another ? Do youhave
to use browser's bookmark or is there a button dedicated to thisnavigation
feature ?usually yes.. 4 pages one for each context or you can have as many
pages as you can and want.. depending on how many contexts you have made.. i
used four to prove my point.. that's all
BUT..... if you are a good php coder you have implement different php pages in
one php page.. so you can view 4 or more panels in one page.. Size may matter
though ;)

5. Does it make sense to have 4 op_server.pl instances, each dedicated to
asingle view ?
i didn't get this question right it can have 2 answers..
1- if you mean four files of op_server.pl  or actually four OP Panel servers
then that doesn't make sense..
2- if you mean four pages for four views then the answer is yes it DOES make
sense.. one of the call centers i'm running has 30 extensions.. but the manager
doesn't want 8 of them to be shown to other users... so we used a different
context for it.. and it WORKS!

hope my answers helped you on this quest..
Salam
Tarek Sawah
Integrated Digital Systems
Syria

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:43:33 +0200> From: panoramisk@xxxxxxxxx> To:
operator_panel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; t.sawah@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Flash
Operator Panel] How to operate up to 150 extensions ?> > 2008/7/16 Tariq ..
<tareksawah@xxxxxxxxxxx>> > > I discribed the second scenario in the
following link> >> >> >
http://trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/help/asterisk-flash-operator-panel#comment-122475>
 >> > it works the way you want it. but i didn't understand the part you> >
discribed about transfering as each Flash client works on it's own.. you> >
can't connect them together UNLESS you define follow-me rule or Queues in> >
the main FOP client.> > Salam> > Tarek Sawah> >> > Hi,> > This morning I try
to implement what is described here>
http://trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/help/asterisk-flash-operator-panel#comment-122475>
 > 1. I'm using vanilla Asterisk (ie not trixbox). Where can I find>
retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl ?> 2. And op_buttons_additional.cfg ?> 3. If
my understanding is correct, the solution described in "Multiple> Panels per
Server " message from Tue, 06/17/2008 - 11:54am aims to :> a- run with a
single op_server.pl instance which dialogs with a single> asterisk (trixbox
?) server and multiple flash clients,> b- this op_server.pl instance has 4
entry points (each with>
http://YOURSERVERIP/panel/index_amp.php?context=sales<http://yourserverip/panel/index_amp.php?context=sales>URI)>
 > 4. In this solution, how do you navigate from one view to another ? Do
you> have to use browser's bookmark or is there a button dedicated to this>
navigation feature ?> > 5. Does it make sense to have 4 op_server.pl
instances, each dedicated to a> single view ?> > Regards
http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_family_safety_072008

References to:
Safet Susic
Tariq ..